Job Title: Strategy & Expansion Fellow
Reports To: Michael Vaughan Cherubin
The U.S. Soccer Foundation helps young people embrace an active and healthy lifestyle and cultivate critical life skills through soccer. The Foundation’s programs are the national model for sports-based youth development in underserved communities. Since its founding in 1994, the Foundation has impacted thousands of children through its cost-effective, high-impact initiatives, which offer safe environments where kids and communities thrive. For more information, visit www.ussoccerfoundation.org. The Foundation’s headquarters is located in Washington, D.C.
About the Role:
The Strategy & Expansion Fellow will assist the Director of National & Regional Partnerships to research and connect with potential Soccer for Success partners. The strategy team relies heavily on the Fellow to provide project management, research, and administrative support. Fellows should also expect to provide their own insight and analysis into improving systems to help the Department reach its strategic goals.
About the Team:
The Strategy & Expansion Department is comprised of a six-person team, responsible for continuously expanding the reach and scope of the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s programs, namely our flagship program Soccer for Success. Strategy & Expansion works collaboratively with other Foundation departments to create meaningful partnerships with community-based organizations, research growth opportunities, and build new Safe Places to Play. Prioritization of markets, timelines, and allocation of resources are all determined by the Foundation’s current strategic goals to build 1,000 new Safe Places to Play and support one million youth playing annually in the Soccer for Success program.
1. Perspective Soccer for Success Program Partner Development – 30%
a. Track and respond to Soccer for Success website inquires and schedule meetings with prospective partners.
b. Assist with all communication, scheduling, and tracking associated with National Partnership development.
c. Research, conduct outreach, and setup calls with potential local/regional program partners in target markets across the country.
2. Lead Development of Marketing Collateral for Strategy and Expansion Department – 25%
a. Create and refine materials for marketing and communication to potential Soccer for Success Program Partners.
3. Supporting City Soccer Initiatives (Chicago & New York) – 15%
a. Help support the creation of a plan to meet 7-year goals in each market.
b. Track market progress.
c. Assist with communication to staff and partners in markets.
i. Assist with coordination of team and partner calls.
d. Support NYC’s Soccer for Success program lead directly.
i. Assist with data tracking and communications with CBO’s.
4. Support Development of New Soccer for Success and Expansion Concepts – 15%
a. Use collaborative approach with other departments to develop a plan for addressing the needs of organizations and good candidates for Soccer for Success.
5. Support Expansion Efforts at Trade-Shows and Conferences – 10%
a. Logistics and execution in collaboration with the Marketing Department.
i. Take lead on development of prep materials, shipping materials to the conference, and scheduling of labor.
6. Support General Functions of Department and Organization – 5%
a. Assist CSO with tasks associated with monthly expenses.
b. Lead note-taking and follow ups from cross-departmental meetings.
c. Assist Programs and Safe Places to Play with grant reviews.
• Excellent communication skills, including writing and proofreading skills.
• Organized and detail-oriented thinker, with the ability to think critically and analytically.
• Experience and confidence with internet research.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work on assignments with a wide range of staff.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be available to travel as required.
• Ability to track outreach information.
• Strong data management and organizational abilities.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, mail merges, PowerPoint, etc.
• Experience with marketing and graphic design a plus.
• Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with volunteers, colleagues, and donors.
• Self‐motivated with a high level of energy.
$14.00/hour. SmartBenefits of up to $260/month and complimentary gym membership.
Required Materials & References:
Please follow the instructions on the job posting to submit required materials. For the Reference section, please submit a minimum of two (2) references, with at least one being supervisory in nature. Please note your references name, title, organization/company, and contact information.